Thursday, 25 August 2011

The Best Age Ever

People always ask; “What has been the best age for you so far.”  I usually start with childhood and think of all my silly little memories.  I then change my mind to my teenage years; tons of fun happened in that era.  Eventually I settle on 25-30 because those have been the best years with my little family.  Once I settle on my answer they say; “Not you silly, Konner!”
Oh, what a selfish answer I think to myself with some embarrassment. 
I then start the entire process over again.  Well, I loved him when he was a baby because he was so cute and round and cuddly.  But then I remember all of the sleepless nights, the crying, and the diapers.  I skip the two’s all together.  Even though he never really had a crazy temper tantrum he used to take off running like a wound up puppy heading for freedom the moment you let him out of your arms.  Four and Five were amazing because I could start taking him to places and he was a little less high maintenance.  Next I move on to 6 & 7…yes, those are my favourite so far.  Konner has been so much fun.  We go everywhere together, he makes me laugh hysterically, he is caring and silly but well behaved and a good listener.  He is the coolest person I’ve ever met and has a very unique personality.  I love showing him things or taking him places that I’ve known of for years and seeing it all again through his eyes.  His likes and interests are his own, there is no persuading him to join a hockey team, it’s piano and dirt biking all the way.  He is one of a kind.
I often wonder what the years ahead will bring.  Will he still want to hang out with his mom, go to movies or walks of shopping?  Will I force him to hang out with me even if he doesn’t want to?  (We all know the answer to that!)  Will he go through the teenage years that will cause me worse sleepless nights than when he was in the crib next to me?
I don’t know what the future holds but I do know that I have a boy who is so well behaved, so caring and so much fun.  I wouldn’t change a thing about my little devil and I can’t wait to see what his future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment